Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You can't always get what you want

Today, my mom and I took Baikal to get a pair of sandals for the summer. I was looking for sandals that covered the toes for her to wear as a replacement to her tennis shoes. After measuring her feet, I picked out the perfect pair of summer sandals. They were pink and cute and Baikal really liked them. Score! They told me that they did not have them in her size. I put them back and selected another pair. None in that size either. OK, so I picked out another pair. None in that size either. After a while of browsing, the sales person told me that they did not have any sandals that covered the toes in her size. However, I could order them and come back to pick them up when they arrived. I was skeptical about ordering a shoe for Baikal that I wasn't sure would fit her. I also was not interested in coming back to the shoe store at a later time. I went over to the boy's shoe section and sure enough there were plenty of sandals that fit my criteria in her size. I picked a pair. They fit. Job done. You can't always get what you want, in pink, but you might just find it in brown.