Saturday, May 10, 2008

Facebook...what is it all about?

I have officially created a facebook profile upon coaxing from two people: my brother and my friend Ginny. My brother always has his finger on the pulse of all things new and interesting, so when he told me about this website I knew it was a matter of time before I was hooked. My longtime friend, Ginny Carson, called me and told me that I had to do this because she knows my love of two embarrassing things: reunions and online relationships (no, not the romantic type). Although I must admit that I think it is geared toward the younger crowd (I'm 32...still young, just not that young). I have been happy to find that it has enabled me to reconnect with some old friends. One of most daunting tasks of creating your profile is selecting what photo you will put of yourself online. Pregnancy and motherhood certainly takes its toll on a person from a photography standpoint. After searching through my digital photos for anything that I thought was a beautiful picture of me, I gave up and posted this picture of me when I was 38 weeks pregnant. I love this picture. My stomach is so big, that I really can't believe that it is real. But it was that big! Here is the proof. Proof that I have done something really amazing with my body twice. I have been pregnant. Tomorrow is mothers day. I am a mom.