Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Is a rename in order?

I was going over some of my old postings and realized that really this blog is about Baikal, and not so much about me. I have purposely tried to not use this site as a therapy session, but believe me, I have my days. Overall, I am doing great and really enjoying my new full time job as wonder woman aka "mom."

Baikal had her two month doctor appointment last week. She has successfully made it pass the 10 lbs. mark which means I feel confident that I am providing adequate milk. This also means that we are going to begin the progression to a 4 hour feeding schedule. Last week I began feeding her at no less than 3 hour 15 minute intervals (I did make some accommodations for her busy weekend). This week we are now at 3 hour 30 minute intervals. It has gone well. I don't feel like I am pushing too hard, since she hasn't been particularly fussy in those additional 15 minutes. Also, I have started to put her in the crib at night awake instead of rocking her to sleep. So far it has been minimal fussing...Excellent!

Baikal is growing bigger and bigger everyday. It is wonderful to see her develop from her newborn stage into a full-fledged Buddha baby!