Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Big 3-0

On February 16th, I turned 30. My sister tells the story of the day that I was born something like this: "That day was a great day. I got a pair of red ruffled underwear and a life-sized doll to entertain me for years."




I had a wonderful surprise on my birthday...a three hour use of a limo to take me anywhere I wanted to go! My parents had arranged for a friend to watch Baikal so that I could have a special birthday. It was a total surprise, so I got in the limo and decided to go get a manicure and pedicure at the local Nail, Talk and Tan. I felt oh so important getting in my new ride with my new nails! Afterwards I went to a cafe to read more of my book (Pledged: the undercover story of life in a sorority). The time flew and before I knew it I was back home to Baikal. Later that night Laura and Tom brought over pizza from the mellow mushroom, my old college hangout. Thanks guys! I blew out the candles to my chocolate cake and didn't even make a wish. How could I ask for anything else when I already have so much to be thankful for? Thank you all for the calls, cards, and gifts on my birthday.