Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Getting ready for Baikal

This past weekend, I had a wonderful treat. My mom came down from North Carolina to help get the baby's room ready. We purchased the remaining items needed for the room and starting putting them in their proper places. As a gift to her "soon-to-be niece" my sister created a mural for the room. She spent most of her weekend painting it on the wall. It looks SO good. When I tried to take pictures of it with my digital camera, the pictures were fuzzy and dark (did I mention I got the camera free in a promotion?). However, I have attached her concept which is pretty close to the real deal.

My mom also accompanied me to a labor and delivery class at the hospital on Saturday. We learned about all of the different aspects of having a baby. It was so nice having her there. She seemed to love it and it made me feel more at ease with what I may be getting myself into. Moms are the best.