Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A new world

It is a new world for me now that I am a mom. Here's just one example how things have changed. I went for a walk this morning with Baikal and there was another mom out walking with her baby. We both stopped, said hello, and the next thing I knew we had been talking for 20 minutes. The exchange ended with swapping contact information and possibly meeting for walks on a regular basis. And this interaction happens to me all the time! And it is not just women. I was in the grocery store last week and there was a guy with twins around Baikal's age. Next thing I knew I was inviting his family over to the next neighborhood playgroup. This is getting a bit out of hand. Who are these people? Complete strangers! I have dogs and babies that look up to me. I really should set a better example and not just invite any stranger that has a baby over to our house for tea...