Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Junaluska part 2

It was a great week at Junaluska. Well, almost a great week..Baikal was crying a lot the first few days. I am attributing that to teething, which I attribute most of her fussiness these days to. Also, I have been breaking out in hives and my top lip has started swelling mostly at night or early morning. Don't be alarmed. This has been going on for months. It has progressively gotten worse, so I have a doctor's appointment next monday. I have a non-medical theory that I am having an allergic reaction to the presence of oxytocin in my bloodstream. Oxytocin is the chemical released when your milk "lets down". I have been doing a bit of detective work over the past few months to pin-point the allergin to no avail. So this is my latest theory. Anyways, Junaluska was still a good time. Here are more pictures of the week.


Baikal at the scarry bookstore.


It is called the scarry bookstore for a reason. It is a mobile home in the front lawn of a local packrat. Every year there are more books and no clear fire exit.


We took a tour of the NC arboritum in Brevard.


Did I mention that the tour was on segways?


We were experts by the end of the tour!


Baikal and Karen at the tea room for lunch after a game of tennis.


On the rose walk.