Thursday, December 15, 2005

Not quite yet

Yesterday Matt and I had a bit of excitement. I experienced "false labor" for the first time. Of course it didn't feel false at the time. I immediately called the hospital and left a message for the on call nurse. Was this it??? Was this the real deal??? We ran around the house frantically packing our bags and making sure that we were ready to go to the hospital. When I finally spoke to the nurse my symptoms had stopped.

"Do I need to go the hospital?" I asked.
"Have you been having contractions 5 minutes apart for over an hour?" she said.
"No."
"Then you do not need to come to the hospital."
"Oh, um, Ok."

Matt and I began to calm down and relax. We had been through our first labor fire drill. I made myself a hot fudge sunday, took a shower, and then had a great nap.